Many people are curious about how long it will take to get eyelash extensions before their appointment. It's logical to gather information about estimated times so you can plan and prepare for your appointment accordingly.
In this article, I'm going to cover the time it takes to get eyelash extensions, categorized by technique (classic, hybrid, and full) as well as type of appointment (full and complementary), to illustrate exactly how long it takes to complete eyelash extensions.
If you are a customer, it is crucial to make advance arrangements and comprehend the typical time required for getting your lash extensions. Similarly, as a lash artist, it is essential to ensure that you can complete your clients' lash applications within a timeframe that is widely acknowledged in the industry.
Now, let's delve into the details!
How Long Eyelash Extensions Usually Take？
Full Set: 90 to 120 minutes
Refill: 30 to 60 minutes
Full Set: 90 to 150 minutes
Refill: 60 to 90 minutes
Full Set: 120 to 180 minutes
Refill: 60 to 90 minutes
I have drafted this article to provide you with a broad understanding of appointment scheduling. Based on my expertise, two primary factors influence the duration of your eyelash appointment:
- The method (classic vs hybrid vs volume)
- The appointment type (full set vs refills)
The duration of your appointment may be influenced by other factors, including your experience and the condition of your natural lashes. If your lashes are in good health, the stylist will be able to work more efficiently and complete the process more quickly.
However, if the stylist is relatively new to the field of eyelash extensions, they may require extra time to ensure a satisfactory outcome.
Pro Tip: Stay cautious when stylists offer excessively fast appointment times. They could compromise on quality or even harm your natural lashes, so it's important to be mindful.
Why Volume Lashes Require More Time for Extensions？
Volume lash extensions are applied by attaching a cluster of extensions to a single natural lash (one-to-many). This creates the appearance of fuller lashes and effectively conceals any spaces between the natural lashes.
In contrast, classic lash extensions involve attaching individual extensions to each natural lash (one-to-one). This creates the illusion of longer lashes.
The primary distinction between these two methods lies in the number of extensions utilized to enhance your natural lashes.
Because volume lashes necessitate the stylist to meticulously craft an extension fan before its application onto the natural lash, the duration of the application process surpasses that of classic lashes.
Volume lashes are a sophisticated method that demands a high level of expertise and meticulousness. Gain a deeper understanding of the distinctions between classic lashes and volume lashes through the insights provided in this piece.
Why Do Full Sets Lash Extensions Take Longer to Apply?
A complete set of eyelash extensions comprises 60 to 80 extensions for each eye. Consequently, your stylist will have to perform the same procedure 60 to 80 times for each eye!
The steps for eyelash extensions are as follows:
- Using one hand, separate the natural lash.
- On the other hand, choose the extension.
- Immerse the extension into the lash adhesive.
- Gently affix the extension onto your lash.
The steps mentioned above are slightly simplified and in actuality, the process is much more intricate. For instance, individuals may experience gaps between their lashes, have weak natural lashes, or even suffer from lash mites.
As a general guideline, I typically anticipate a retention rate of no less than 50% when my client returns for a refill.
For instance, supposing I initially applied 80 extensions per eye for a full set, when the client returns for a refill after 3 weeks, approximately 40 extensions per eye will remain intact.
The refill process will require less time as I only need to add 40 extensions per eye to restore the same level of fullness the client had with the original full set three weeks ago.
Respecting Your Lash Stylist's Time
1. Arrive on time: To show respect for your lash stylist's time, make sure to arrive at your appointment on time. Being punctual allows your stylist to stay on schedule and provide the best service to all their clients.
2. Avoid last-minute cancellations: If you need to cancel or reschedule your lash appointment, try to give your stylist as much notice as possible. Last-minute cancellations can disrupt their entire day and may result in lost income if they are unable to fill your spot.
3. Be prepared: Before your appointment, make sure you are ready and prepared. Remove any eye makeup and clean your lashes thoroughly to ensure your stylist can start working right away. This will help streamline the process and save time for both you and your stylist.
4. Limit distractions: During your lash appointment, try to minimize distractions that may take up your stylist's time. Avoid excessive talking or using your phone, as this can slow down the process and make it difficult for your stylist to concentrate.
5. Follow aftercare instructions: After your lash appointment, it is crucial to follow your stylist's aftercare instructions. This will help maintain the longevity of your lashes and prevent any damage or premature shedding. By taking care of your lashes properly, you can minimize the need for frequent touch-ups or repairs, saving both time and money for both you and your stylist.
6. Be upfront with your lash extension artist: If you have any allergies to the products utilized during the session, inform your stylist immediately to ensure the use of hypoallergenic alternatives.
Remember, respecting your lash stylist's time not only shows courtesy but also ensures a smooth and efficient experience for both parties involved.
Eyelash extensions require a significant amount of time and effort from both the lash artist and the client. Achieving a flawless and long-lasting application necessitates a great deal of commitment, diligence, and enthusiasm.
It is crucial to appreciate the lash technician's time and inquire about the specific particulars of each appointment before scheduling. By engaging in meticulous organization and coordination, you can maximize your time and attain the ideal set of lashes.